Drop Spindle Workshop
Introduction to Drop Spindle Spinning
3 Hour One Day Workshop
Saturday, April 22, 2023
1pm – 4pm
“Barbara Walsh Room”
Carleton Place Library
101 Beckwith Street, Carleton Place, Ontario, K7C 2T3
Knitters, Crocheters, Weavers, Fibre Artisans, Crafters!
This workshop is for anyone who has always wanted to learn how to spin their own yarn by hand.
In this 3 hour Intro Workshop participants will:
- Learn some history about fibres, and types of spindles.
- How to prep wool, start spindle, how to spin and ply 2 ways.
- Basic Drop Spindle Kit containing a locally made wood, Bottom Whorl Spindle and approximately 113.5g or 1/4lb of wool that you will take home.
- Water and snacks provided
- Bring 2 jars (ex. jam or pickle type jar) or spinning bobbins, for transferring plys.
- Maximum of 15 participants.
- 16 yrs and older, unless a parent is also signed up.*
- Participants will be sitting, using both hands, both arms, and looking at a spinning drop spindle.
- Cancel or Transfer of registration no later then 48 hours before Workshop date to get a refund or new spot.
To Sign Up and Pay: You have to fill out the * boxes: address, phone number and email.
There will be 3 options: choose free shipping, if it is not selected already.
Choose Payment method: Debit/Credit/Paypal.
Cancellation or Transfer at least 48hrs before event for refund or reschedule.