Drop Spindle Spinning Workshop
3 Hour One Day Workshop
Saturday April 22, 2023
1 pm – 4 pm
Carleton Place Public Library
101 Beckwith Street
Carleton Place, ON
Limited Space of 15
Register Online at:
Local Made Drop Spindle And Wool Roving to keep
In this workshop, you will learn the basic skills to hand-spinning wool on a drop spindle.
The workshop will include:
- A locally made wood, Bottom Whorl Spindle and approximately 113.5g or 1/4lb of wool that you will take home.
- Wool Basics including bumping and hand carding wool, adding a leader, drafting and plying.
- A beverage and snack will be provided.
- Bring 2 jars or spinning bobbins, for transferring plys.
- Maximum of 15 participants.
- 16 yrs and older, unless a parent is also signed up.*
- Participants will be sitting, using both hands, both arms, and looking at a spinning drop spindle.
- Cancel or Transfer of registration no later then 48 hours before Workshop date to get a refund or new spot.
*Multiple Sign-Ups save 10% off!
*Important: Choose free shipping at cart, if it is not selected*